- Charles Max Wood
- Ward Bell
- Joe Eames
- John Papa
In this episode of Adventures in Angular, the panel talks to Shai Reznik about TDD. TDD is a technique used to write unit tests. They discuss what exactly unit testing is, the benefits of it, and why you would want to use it to test your code. Shai then discusses what TDD is, why you would use it, the benefits of it, and how you can get started using TDD in your own code. He loves that he can use TDD as a design tool for code and that it forces you to write cleaner, more modular code.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- What is TDD?
- Test Driven Development
- What is unit testing?
- Benefits of unit testing
- Faster feedback and saves you from regression bugs
- Red, Green, Refactor
- Why would you want to use TDD?
- Benefits of TDD
- You actually get to write the tests
- Forces you to write more modular and cleaner code
- Use TDD as a design tool for code
- Do you actually write code using TDD?
- Production code vs other types of code
- Write tests around assumptions
- Is TDD Dead? YouTube Series
- Allows you to think through what you want to build before you build it
- Blueprint in a sense
- Testing vs TDD
- And much, much more!
- Get involved in the political process