Charles Max Wood
In this episode, the Adventures in Angular panelists discuss Cloud-Hosted DevOps with Ori Zohar and Gopinath Chigakkagari at Microsoft Build. Ori is on the product team at VSTS focusing on DevOps specifically on Azure. Gopinath is the group program manager in VSTS primarily working on continuous integration, continuous delivery, DevOps, Azure deployment, etc. They talk about the first steps people should take when getting into DevOps, define DevOps the way Microsoft views it, the advantages to automation, and more!
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Ori and Gopi intro
- VSTS – Visual Studio Team Services
- VSTS gives developers the ability to be productive
- Developer productivity
- What’s the first big step people should be taking if they’re getting into DevOps?
- The definition of DevOps
- The people and the processes as the most important piece
- DevOps as the best practices
- Automating processes
- What people do when things go wrong is what really counts
- Letting the system take care of the problems
- Have the developers work on what they are actually getting paid for
- Trend of embracing DevOps
- Shifting the production responsibility more onto the developer’s
- Incentivizing developers
- People don’t account for integration
- Continuous integration
- Trends on what customers are asking for
- Docker containers
- And much, much more!
- Pacific Northwest Hiking