2. Make page titles succinct.
1. Make page titles succinct to ensure efficient information parsing.
2. Left aligns page titles. Web readers scan information from top to down.
3. Do not bold the search string within page titles to avoid visual noise.
3. Leverage the URL/ Breadcrumb
1. Provide well-structured URLs to offer users a quick hint about the page topic and how the page fits within the website.
2. Do not bold the “hit highlight” within the URL/ breadcrumb to avoid visual noise.
4. The snippet (body data) should provide strong information scent.
Principle: Shorten user’s decision-making time.
4.1 Provide an informative snippet can help users quickly decide if they want to click into a search result.
4.2 Provide deep link feature: By offering deep links to key pages as a part of the search results, users can skip the home page and navigate directly to the pages without browsing through the website nav.
4.3. Provide previews as parts of the search results.