It sort of looks like this at the moment for me. Yes, I haven’t been able to figure out everything that’s required. This is where you guys come into picture.
- Basics: Webservices, RESTful API, HTTP Protocols
- Using POSTMAN to perform basic functional testing. Can it be used to build a suite?
- Get hold of a practice API and understand all the details available
- Get some idea of the RESTASSURED API in Java
- Get hold of a framework from GIT repo and study how are frameworks written for API testing
- Start writing a basic framework for the practice API
I want you guys to let me know what am I missing here? Have I messed up the sequence? Am I including stuff which isn’t required?
Can you guys please help me build this?
Background: I am doing this for a self learning program. Lack of API Testing knowledge is holding be back from getting a decent job. I am already an experienced automation tester with experience in UI web automation testing. I recently resigned from my job to retrain myself with newer skills for a better opportunity.