A guide to installing R and RStudio with packages and multithreaded BLAS on various platforms.
Some tips for Excel users migrating to R for data analysis.
Videos of presentations from the New York R Conference.
The Chartmaker Directory compares and provides examples of data visualizations for dozens of tools, including R.
Siraj Raval’s video overview of Azure machine learning services.
A simple R script based on the gganimate package illustrates the luminance illusion.
A package to make R play text as speech.
Microsoft R Open 3.5.1 is now available.
R ranks #14 in the June 2018 Redmonk Language Rankings.
R drops one place to #7 in the 2018 IEEE Language Rankings.
A video tutorial on running R and Python in SQL Server from a Jupyter Notebook.
The cover story for Significance Magazine celebrates 25 years of the R project.
And some general interest stories (not necessarily related to R):
- The Curiosity Show, the 80’s Australian science program for kids.
- A visualization of the prime factors of the first million integers shows surprising structure.
- Brexit as the Titanic disaster.
- An experimental underwater data center gets a fishcam.
- A parody commercial for Australia tourism focuses on the “dangers”.
As always, thanks for the comments and please send any suggestions to me at [email protected]. Don’t forget you can follow the blog using an RSS reader, via email using blogtrottr, or by following me on Twitter (I’m @revodavid). You can find roundups of previous months here.