Why do i say I made it for myself?
Well I thought of a music app when I was in love with the elegance of Rihanna, the swag dope of Drake, the weird vibe of Sia. I didn’t do any research. I’m my own user in this project.
Thus this app was made based on my own experience. As an ex-user of Apple Music and current user of Spotify, I create this app, which consists of features I would like to keep in a music app, and the style of interface I prefer.
But I still got my points
A little bit about myself:
- Age: 20
- Occupation: Student
- Device: iPhone, Macbook
- Songs in library: ~ 300 songs
- Frequency of use: ~ 5 hours
- Needs: Discover new music and listen to saved songs. Basic and minimal app for quick access
My app’s user goals:
- Listen to and save music
- Quick way to find a new song I like
- Build a personal music library/playlist
2. Discover new music
- Listen to recommended playlists/songs
- Find songs I may like based on radio recommendations
As a user of the music app, the 3 actions I take most are: listen, save, search. So I created my user flows based on these 3 actions. I did this because Spotify got some features like podcast,… that really distract me, and its usability made me drop my phone many times.
Based on these user flows, I created an information architecture to have a clearer look into my app.
And here the wireframe comes. Lo-fi wireframe only sorry for my laziness 🙁
And the designs
- Home — the place of recommendations
I just keep the recommended playlists, artists and new releases in this screen, I want Home is the screen of one-click-away from music player, to discover new music more quickly.
2. Discover — the place of popular and new music
For me these charts, albums and playlists are all just kinds of playlists so I want to make them look the same so I can get used to the buttons’ positions.
3. Search — simple as its name
4. Radio — where you order recommendations
5. Library — all of your music to listen offline
Things I think about in library: songs and playlists. But sometimes I’d like to listen to an artists’ songs so I need artists, and album as well
The view mode in songs make it possible to arrange your songs (by download date or by alphabet)
I’m still a student and got a lot to learn, so leave me any feedbacks to help me grow.
Thank you a lottttt.
See full screens here: https://www.behance.net/gallery/70598087/Music-app