We see Azure Monitor users are using both the Log Search page and the Analytics portal to accomplish their tasks. The Analytics portal offers advanced features, and we’re happy to announce it’s coming into Azure!
This is another step on our journey to consolidate and unify all Log Analytics experiences under Azure Portal.
If you’re not familiar with the Analytics portal, you’re in for a treat!
- Multiple tabs – use as many tabs as you want to run multiple queries
- Rich visualizations – a variety of charting options to choose from
- Improved IntelliSense and language auto-completion
- Syntax highlighting – making queries easier to read
- Query explorer – access your saved queries and functions, within the editor
- Schema view – review the full schema of your data
- Column selection – select the columns of the results table, and their order
- Share – create links to queries, or pin queries to any shared Azure dashboard
When and where?
In the coming days, a menu item named “Logs (preview)” will light up in Azure Log Analytics. It will gradually be integrated into a number of Azure features and services, such as Application Insights, Azure Monitor and Azure Kubernetes Service.
At first, “Logs” will appear in its basic form with the features described above, and during the coming weeks it will be enriched with additional functionality and features.
The external Advanced Analytics portal remains up and running, for those who prefer to keep using it outside of Azure.
We invite you to take part and provide your feedback on this ongoing process directly to us, at [email protected].