- Charles Max Wood
- Alyssa Nicholl
- John Papa
- Joe Eames
In this episode of Adventures in Angular, the panel talks to Shmuela Jacobs, Samantha Rhodes, and Bonnie Brennan about ngGirls. ngGirls is an organization that provides a free one-day workshop with volunteer mentors who will teach them Angular basics. It was inspired by Django Girls and provides this type introduction to programming for women who want to learn about Angular. They are really passionate about bringing ngGirls all around the world so that women everywhere can be introduced to both Angular and programming.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- What is ngGirls?
- Started in November 2016 in Israel
- Django Girls
- Helps build motivation in young girls to keep programming
- ngConf and Google I/O events coming up
- What is an ideal mentor?
- What does the curriculum look like?
- Angular Bootcamp
- Do you have a prep pack ahead of time?
- How do you sign up to be a mentor?
- Do you encourage people to organize their own ngGirls?
- How do you get the word out about the conferences?
- Using twitter
- How much experience do you need for ngGirls?
- They need more girls mentors
- Even if you’ve just started learning Angular, sign up as a mentor!
- And much, much more!