The Oxford Dictionary of Music brings together an unrivalled collection of entries — 12,500 in all — covering musical subjects of all kinds in an authoritative and accessible way. Included in this impressive work are entries on composers, performers, conductors, musical terms and forms, instruments, works, venues, and a host of other topics.
Containing 5,000 entries on composers, most of which include up-to-date worklists, The Oxford Dictionary of Music also provides entries on conductors, performers, directors, critics, producers and designers of international repute, writers and scholars. Entries also cover individual works, including operas and ballets, orchestras and companies from around the world, famous opera houses, concert-halls, and musical festivals. Musical terms and styles, as well as forms ranging from operatic, vocal, and film scores, to song cycles, chamber, hymns, barbershop, and oratorios are covered, as are general themes such as musicology, acoustics, and absolute pitch, and historical periods such as the Byzantine era. Entries also include a wide range of musical instruments, from the familiar — strings, wind, and brass — to the less familiar — aeolian harp, bamboula and sackbut.
• NEW! With the addition of a convenient Home page, a sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches you can delve right into the intricacies of English faster and easier than ever!
• NEW! Translate and learn as you speak by using Talk & Translate– A speech recognition and text-to-speech app separate from this dictionary, which you can download for Free from the App Store. Whether you’re travelling or simply want to optimize your study of English, the great synergy between the two apps will be there to help you.
This is a mobile dictionary with content from Oxford University Press and advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ (‘*’ or ‘?’) to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
* Camera search automatically searches for words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at [email protected]
Source link https://appadvice.com/collection/best-music-apps